The Manuel Montt Neighborhood began as an initiative instigated by the Ley de Habitaciones Baratas (Affordable Housing Law) enacted in 1925. Starting in 1928, the Tramway Workers’ and Taxi Drivers’ guilds began settling down on the site of the old Chacra del Pino (or Pine Farm). The Tramway Workers’ groups of dwellings with a continuous facade and the semi-detached houses with a front yard for the drivers of the Sociedad de Choferes Manuel Montt are great examples of workers’ organization. Thanks to their collective effort, they managed to implement a local radio, a gym, a pharmacy, a polyclinic and several sports clubs; all adjacent to the old Lo Sáez stadium and the former Seguro Social stadium. In 2011 it was declared a National Monument as a Heritage Area.