The current Consultorio N° 2 was built between 1937 and 1939 by the Caja del Seguro Obrero Obligatorio (Mandatory Worker Insurance Fund) in order to serve as a primary care center for the working-class neighborhood of Independencia. The architect in charge was a close collaborator of Luciano Kulczewski, Aquiles Zentilli Mélano. He took the opportunity to erect one of the most distinctly modern buildings in the capital at the time. Like the Consultorio N° 1 on Copiapó street, this structure adheres to a style of hospital layout which includes a six-story «monoblock», a central courtyard and a nine-story vertical tower. Its simple appearance prominently displays influences from early 20th century German expressionism as well as traces of Art Deco. Currently, it belongs to the Servicio de Salud Metropolitano Norte (North Metropolitan Health Service). It was declared a National Monument on November 15, 2016 under Decree Nº 307.