The San Vicente de Paul hospital was founded in 1872 and opened its doors in 1875. Initially, its management was entrusted to Las Hermanas de la Caridad, the order of nuns who placed the chapel in the central courtyard. It remains in its original position to this day. Its flooring, prominently displaying a Latin cross, stands out, as well as its beautiful stained glass windows and its meticulously carved door. It was declared a National Historical Monument on January 12, 1981, under Supreme Decree Nº 73.
The Amphitheater was inaugurated in 1922 to provide a place for the study of anatomy and to store the materials that were necessary to teach it. It was the only building that remained standing following the devastating fire at the Medical School in 1948. Some stand-out features are its distinctive semi-circular floor plan featuring original furniture and the Museum of Anatomy’s collection located in the basement. It was declared a Historical Monument in 2015 under Decree Nº 549.